Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Blue suede shoes

Well, not exactly suede, but they are definitely blue.

Glamour shot of my new running shoes

I've been using the fact that I've had no running shoes as an excuse to not do any exercise for the last 2 months, but recently I finally got around to buying some. I'll be trying really hard over the next few weeks to establish some sort of routine, going for a run after work a few times a week.  We live only about 1km from the Vondelpark which is about 3km around, so a jog from home and a lap of the park is a nice 5km.

The darkness is not a problem- it's still light up to 8:30pm at the moment, and is only going to get later over the next few weeks.  The weather is a bit hit and miss though.  I went out tonight and it was really cold, and started raining when I was out.  It sounds horrible, but to be honest I think I would prefer that to a stinking hot, humid Queensland summer day when it feels like you are running with a wet blanket over your head.

To keep me motivated with a defined goal when I go for a run, I signed up for the Zuidas Run.  I elected for the shorter distance of 4 miles (~6.5km) rather than the longer 10 miles, as I haven't been keeping up my running over the last few months.  There is a few running events over the year, hopefully I'll be able to take part in a bunch of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment